If you’re like many people, you have a dream of renovating your current home, and making it fit your needs better. You might want more space, or to add something specific like a hot tub or a new bathroom. Renovations are incredibly popular these days — rather than move, many homeowners are changing their current homes to suit their needs. Here are the top five renovations for the average American homeowner.
1. Kitchen – The kitchen is the top renovation of all time. Home improvement contractors can help you transform your kitchen into anything you want, from a relaxed French country motif to modern or farmhouse. When you find a contractor who can bring your visions to life, the sky is the limit.
2. Bath – The second most popular home improvement project is the bathroom (or bathrooms). From installing new vanities and sinks to yanking out those old bathtubs and installing standup showers, there’s a wealth of things that professional renovation experts can help you do.
3. Windows – The windows on your home can be replaced to add beauty and light, but also to help save on energy costs. New energy efficient windows are available in a broad range of styles, and these types of home renovations add serious value and curb appeal.
4. Solar Power – Solar power has come a long way in providing enery and cost efficiency for homeowners. A few solar panels on the roof of your home can radically transform your energy use, lower your costs, and help save the planet as well.
5. Decks/Porches – Home renovations aren’t all connected to the interior. Porches and decks add enjoyment, usability, curb appeal and more. Whether you want a place to grill in privacy or a spacious deck for large gatherings, they’re excellent options for home improvement.
Of course, there are many other renovations that you can do on your home. You can replace your old hot water heater with a solar model, or you can have your flooring replaced with bamboo for hypoallergenic benefits. Whatever home improvement project you’re interested in, Local Contractor can help match you with a home services professional in your area. Contact us today!